momo training is Michael Ormshaw.
Michael is a trainer, coach, mentor and educator with over 15 years experience. During that time he has helped hundreds of clients set and achieve their own specific health, fitness and performance goals.
Michael is a consummate professional, highly knowledgeable and skilled in the fields of health and fitness and sports performance. Michael prides himself on motivating people to become healthier and fitter people by ensuring that not only the correct techniques and methods are used for each individual client, but that everything he does with a client is fun, challenging yet rewarding, and goal oriented.
Michael has worked on a one-to-one basis with clients ranging from cardiac rehabilitation post-operative patients, to professional sports men and women, and can confidently and expertly apply the most modern theories and practice according to the client’s specific circumstances, to guarantee the desired results. Michael’s professional experience includes all varieties of personal training, health and fitness consultation, fitness testing and exercise counseling, sports facility management, higher education lecturing (personal training, health and fitness, sports science), sports coaching and rehabilitation, tutoring and mentoring.
Michael was born in the North West of England, has played sport all his life, and has been deeply interested in health-related physical activity, physical fitness, and human performance since an early age. Michael was Educated at Undergraduate level in the fields of Sports Studies and Physical Education (Lancaster University), and at Masters level in the field of Exercise and Nutrition Science (University of Liverpool). Michael is currently completing his Ph.D. doctoral thesis in the field of Health Education and Health Promotion at the University of Jyväskylä.
For more informationContact Me!
Brief summary of relevant qualifications and training
- MSc – Exercise and Nutrition Science,University of Liverpool
- BA (hons) – Sports Studies and Physical Education (Joint subject),Lancaster University
- Certificate in Fitness Instructing,CYQ (UK)
- Fitness Assessment and Exercise Counselling – Level 3,CYQ (UK)
- Speed Agility Quickness (SAQ) P-Award in Training SAQ,SAQ International
- Certificate in Assessing in the Active Leisure Sector – Level 3,CYQ (UK)
- High Performance Coaching – Nutrition,Sports Coach UK
- Rugby Coaching – Level 1,International Rugby Board
- Nutrition and Sports Performance,Sports Coach UK (NCF)
- Motivation and Performance,Sports Coach UK (NCF)
- Developing Strength and Speed,Sports Coach UK (NCF)
- Developing endurance,Sports Coach UK (NCF)
- Understanding and Improving Skill,Sports Coach UK (NCF)
- Prevention and Treatment of Injury,Sports Coach UK (NCF)
- Coaching Children,Sports Coach UK (NCF)
- Primary Health Care – Helping People Change,Health Education Auth. (NHS)
- Emergency first aid,SPR
- Emergency paediatric first aid,
- Michael is an accredited member of EREPS (European Register of Exercise Professionals)
- Ormshaw M. J. (2012) Defining and Measuring the Health Literacy of Adolescents. 9th IUHPE Health Promotion Conference. Oral Presentation, Tallinn, Estonia, September 2012.
- Ormshaw M. J. Kannas L. (2012) A Health Literacy Approach to School Health Education and Assessment: Physical Activity and Nutrition in Focus. ECER 2012: The Need for Educational Research to Champion Freedom, Education and Development for all. Oral presentation, Cadiz, Spain, September 2012.
- Ormshaw M. J. (2012) Investigating the measure of childhood health literacy: physical activity and nutrition in focus. 8th Day of Science, Department of Health Sciences. Oral Presentation, University of Jyväskylä, Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Ormshaw M. J. Kannas L. (2011) Measuring Childhood Health Literacy: Physical Activity and Nutrition in Focus. Essential skills/competencies required for educational success, health, well-being of children and young people at all levels (at school, personally and socially). Workshop oral presentation, JASP conference, Montreal, Canada, November 2011.
- Ormshaw M. J. Kannas L. (2011) Investigating the Measure of Childhood Health Literacy: Physical Activity and Nutrition in Focus. Measuring School Children’s Health Literacy: Physical Activity and Nutrition in Focus. JASP conference, Montreal, Canada, November 2011 (Poster).
- Measuring School Children’s Health Literacy: Physical Activity and Nutrition in Focus. International Congress on Enhancement of Physical Activity of Children and Youth. Vuokatti, Finland. April 2011 (Poster)
- Ormshaw, M. J; Fallows S (2005). Nutrition Knowledge of 15-year-old Students in England, Wales and Finland. 18th International Nutrition Congress. Durban, South Africa, September 2005 (Poster)
- Ormshaw, M. J. (2004). The Nutrition Knowledge of 15 year-old school children in England, Wales and Finland. Postgraduate Research in Science and Medicine (PRISM) conference, University Of Liverpool, 2004 (Poster)